Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Thanks for the Boat Ride

My 90 year old grandmother (we call her Tutu) had an old shoebox full of photos sitting out one Sunday while we were visiting. We were thumbing through them with her and she was telling us who the people were, or saying that she couldn't remember who they were, when we ran accross the photo below. Tutu recounted being a child and going to Florida with her family. Apparently, where they were they couldn't get to the beach, so this old guy offered to row them all out there and bring them back later. My great grandfather, whom I never knew, was so appreciative that he took this photograph, so that almost 100 years later I could put it on the Internet and say, "Thanks for the boat ride, old dude, and for giving my grandmother a great childhood memory ."

No comments: