Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Busy Bee!

Admittedly, I've been slack in my blogging lately. I've been reading everyone elses' posts, and y'all ain't necessarily rocking the blogs either.

Here's some of the stuff I've been up to:

Last weekend I went mountain biking at the Tsali Recreational Area near Bryson City, NC, with my buddy Alan and some of his work homies. (Here's Alan's recap.) It was very cold, but we had a fun rustic cabin and really enjoyed ourselves. The AMC channel was showing the Godfather trilogy so we watched the Godfather the first night and Part II the second night. None of us had ever actually seen either once in it's entirety so we felt like this was an accomplishment or right of passage. Good times.

Work has been very busy. After over a year of searching and interviewing I finally hired a new Web Development Manager. Additionally, I got an excellent contractor to finally agree to convert to Full-Time. So things at work are looking up. We're aggressively pitching a new web project to the government and that's looking very promising. Also, we're awaiting the results of several contract awards that would make life very busy but also very secure for the next few years.

I did not have to play in the praise band this weekend, since it was Youth Sunday. Instead I spent my Saturday in the woods on the very back of my lot cutting down trees and such in an effort to fend off encroaching Kudzu. I learned why you should always wear jeans while using a chain saw. No injuries, but I do have some new cut-off shorts now.

I finished a book I was reading, but I'll save the details for another blog post.

Today, after church, I took the family to see Bolt in Disney 3D. It was excellent. I am still amazed at how good 3D has gotten. That technology is so much better than the old red and blue stuff. Good story and excellent voices too. There is some excellent glass reflection rendering that I have never seen (or been impressed by) in animations before. Very impressive. I recommend you see it in 3D while you can.

Well, that about sums it up for now. The holidays will be busy... and sad for many of us. I'll try to post more frequently.

No comments: