Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sleep over on the USS Yorktown

December has been a really busy month for us and I haven't had a chance to blog much, but I intend to make up for it.


A couple of weekends ago we spent two nights aboard the USS Yorktown, in Charleston, SC, with Grant's Cub Scout Pack. It was cold and the quarters were crowded, but it was a fun experience for the whole family. We took a boat over to Fort Sumter where we got to help raise a historical flag and then tour the fort. Here are some pictures:





1 comment:

Kyle said...

That is fantastic! When I was a kid, I remembered one of the radars on the ship had a picutre of a shark someone had scratched into it. A couple years ago, I went back. The only thing I HAD to find was the shark. Sure enough, there it was. Right where I had found it thirty years earlier.

How did you guys get to raise that flag? Will they let Paul and me do it when we go?