Monday, October 22, 2007

My 10 Things

I really hate to succumb to peer pressure, but here's my response to this list of 10 Questions I keep seeing on my friends' blogs:

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was still living in Nashville, traveling all the time for Deloitte & Touche, finishing my CNE and MCSE certifications, and finding out that we were pregnant with our first child.

2. What were you doing one year ago?
Finishing up my PMP (Project Management) training, riding my mountain bike, church stuff, working on house plans

3. What are five snacks you enjoy?
French Fries, Sesame Sticks, Chips & Queso, popcorn, and rice crackers.

4. What are five songs that you know the lyrics to?
Fire & Rain (James Taylor); Tom Sawyer (Rush); That's What the Lonely is For (David Wilcox); If I had $1000000 (Barenaked Ladies); Tempted by the Fruit of Another (Squeeze, but I prefer Crowded House's cover of it.)

5. Name five things you would do if you were a millionaire.
Tithe, Pay off debts, invest, take a vacation, build my dream home

6. Name five bad habits.
Working late without calling home, working late with calling home, checking email before the kids are tucked in bed, watching too much TV, blogging after midnight.

7. What are five things you like to do?
mountain biking, jamming with my pals, planning a vacation, savoring a good beer, and spending time with my family.

8. What are your five favorite toys?
Bass Guitar, Mountain Bike, computer, cell phone, iPod

9. What are five things you would never wear?
Heeleys, Ozzy T-Shirt, toupee, thong underwear, Dr Seuss Hat

10. Name five things you hate to do.
Fold laundry, get a blood test (that pricking the finger thing), trimming grass (weed eater), clean paint brushes, fire someone.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Which question did you hate answering most?
I have an Ozzy thong.. If I got you one, would you wear it?
What are Heelys? Is that a shirt with the guy from I Dream of Jeanne on it?

Chuck said...

Horshay - Just put on a Donald Trump toupee and give them a "You're Fired" in a bad DT immitation. Fun for you, makes them feel better about the whole thing. Then, go home a savor several beers.

George said...

Kyle - As you might expect, I pretty much hated answering all of them. Unfortunately, once I got started I felt the needed to finish it. The "what would you never wear" question was fun, but the others weren't interesting or funny enough. I don't recommend doing this exercise. However, Chuck's humorous response helps to make it wortwhile.

PS: Heeleys are thos infernal kids shoes with rollerskates in the heels. You know, you'll be standing in Lowes and some kid comes zooming by you but his feet aren't moving, so you think "Crap, I must be falling" and you reach out to grab something to steady yourself, but instead of grabbing a nearby endcap you accidentally grab some lady's boob and she screams and hits you with the broom she was buying, and then you're banned from Lowes. Those stupid Heeleys.

Steve said...

I think some of the questions were pretty lame as well. I was always a big fan of the beer commercial with all the guys around the pool table asking, "Mariann or Ginger?" "Jeanie or Samantha's evil sister?" "Wilma or Betty?"

I think these types of questions really get to the heart of who we are. Perhaps we should come up with a more interesting list of questions.

First one should be, "Football or baseball?"

Kyle said...

Oh football. No question.
All testosterone, all football, all the time! Maybe some barbeque.