Friday, November 30, 2007

Five for Five

Here's my answers to the Five for Five post on Rick's blog:

I. What are your five favorite Christmas songs?
I had to make 2 lists here. The first are the Religious/Sacred songs and the second are the Politically correct (secular) classics.
1.
Go Tell It on the Mountain (any version)
2. Gloria (Michael W. Smith)
3. Little Drummer Boy (WhiteHeart's version)
4. Emmanuel (Amy Grant)
5. O Come, o come Emmanuel

1. Carol of the Bells (Mannheim Steamroller)
2. Baby It's Cold Outside (Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan)
3. In the Bleak Midwinter (James Taylor)
4. Sleigh Ride
5. Winter Wonderland

II. Five foods you look forward to at Christmastime?
1.
White Divinity Fudge Candy
2. Chex Mix
3.
Honey-Baked Ham
4. Fried Turkey
5.
Homemade "Mama's Salad Dressing"

III. Five favorite presents of all time?

1. Go Cart (from my grand dad to me and my brother) when I was a kid, of course.
2. My first Keyboard, a Casio, when I was in Middle School.
3. Keyboard case from Jennifer (when we were dating.)
4. Family Trip to Hawaii (2003.)
5. Presbyterian College Watch, from my parents after I graduated.

IV. What are your five favorite holiday TV specials?

1. Charlie Brown Christmas (with that poor little tree)
2. 24 hours of A Christmas Story (this is a movie marathon, but it's on TV)
3. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (classic cartoon)
5. Whatever the Simpsons are doing this season for Christmas

V. Top five holiday-themed films?

1. A Christmas Story
2. Polar Express
3. The Santa Clause
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Jim Carey movie version)
5. Die Hard

What are Your Answers? Post your comments here OR put them on your own blog.

1 comment:

Rick said...

DIE HARD has got to be one of the best Christmas movies ever. "Making fists with your toes" is still a part of every flight I take.